At Alde Valley we hope that our PE curriculum is both broad and balanced. This should enable each pupil to gain sufficient depth in an area of activity in order to achieve their own education potential. Furthermore we hope that in trying to ensure that each activity area is given sufficient attention, in relation to the others, it will enable all pupils to sample the richness of Physical Education.
Our aims are to develop:
- A desire to engage in physical activity based upon experiences which have been enjoyable and successful
- An understanding of the importance of maintaining an active lifestyle
- An acquired competence in a range of physical skills
- A knowledge and understanding of a range of activities which can be games based and/or creative
- The opportunity to acquire the skills which enable all students to lead/choreograph or organize others into a sports related activity
- To develop a range of interpersonal skills including co-operation/conduct/coping with challenges/and team building
Our curriculum includes:
- Accurate Replication Activities including gymnastics, trampolining and dance
- Developing Students Physical and Mental Capacity through invasion games and alternative sports
- Developing Skills/Performance in swimming, gymnastics, games and athletics
- Making and Applying Decisions in all sports and in competition
- Making Informed Choices About Healthy, Active Lifestyle through fitness work and the base of all activities
- Evaluating and Improving activity as a performer, an official and a coach
|Year 7/8||Year 9|
|Autumn, Spring and Summer Terms||Autumn, Spring and Summer Terms|
|In line with the National Curriculum students will follow a carousel of PE focusing on:|
Accurate Replication Activities including gymnastics, trampolining and dance.
Developing Students Physical and Mental Capacity through invasion team games, individual games and alternative sports.
Developing Skills/Performance in swimming, gymnastics, games and athletics.
Making and Applying Decisions in all sports and in House competitions within school time
Making Informed Choices About Healthy, Active Lifestyle through fitness work focusing on circuits, orienteering and safe use of the fitness suite. Safety and preparation for sport underpin all activities
Evaluating and Improving Activity as a performer, an official and a coach in team games, individual sports and challenge activities
|Students will choose their own Physical Education Pathway from:|
Through Outwitting Opponents/Performing at Maximum Levels/ Active Health.
This is for students who enjoy games activities and runs alongside a focus on fitness for sport and exercising safely. The emphasis is on improvement of performance.
Through Outwitting Opponents/ Aesthetic activities/ Active Health
This is for students who enjoy both games and individual aesthetic activities with a high focus on health and fitness
Performance and Leader Pathway C:
Through outwitting opponents/challenge activities and active health.
This is for students who enjoy performing games activities, enjoy fitness and challenge work and would like leadership opportunities. There will be more focus on leadership than performance.