All students at Alde Valley have access to a wide range of sporting activity during curricular and extra-curricular time. Students follow a core curriculum which includes the major team games, indoor sports including badminton, trampolining, use of our fitness suite and swimming. These opportunities are due to our fantastic facilities and well qualified PE staff.
Our Physical Education aims are to develop:
- A desire to engage in physical activity based upon experiences which have been enjoyable and successful
- An understanding of the importance of maintaining an active lifestyle
- An acquired competence in a range of physical skills
- A knowledge and understanding of a range of activities which can be games based and/or creative
- The opportunity to acquire the skills which enable all students to lead/choreograph or organise others into a sports related activity
- To develop a range of interpersonal skills including co-operation/conduct/coping with challenges/and team building