All students at Alde Valley have access to a wide range of sporting activity during curricular and extra-curricular time. Students in Key stage 3 follow a core curriculum which includes the major team games, indoor sports including badminton, trampolining, use of our fitness suite and swimming. These opportunities are due to our fantastic facilities and well qualified PE staff. We are proud of our examination results at Key stage 4 and 5. In summer 2012 we achieved 95% A*-C in the double GCSE and from students who took the full GCSE 82% achieved A*–C. Our students can take BTEC Sport in core lessons in Years 10 and 11. 100% of those students achieved Distinction* to Pass which is equivalent to A*–C at GCSE. In Key stage 5 100% of our A2 students achieved A–E. Students also passed Community Sport Leader and Higher Sports Leader in Years 12 and 13. New into Key Stage 5 for 2013-14 is a Level 3 BTEC National Award. This will allow students who have completed the Level 2 Award to continue their studies into Key stage 5.
Our Gifted, Able and Talented students have a variety of off site opportunities including, gymnastics, skiing, curling and cycling at the Manchester Velodrome.
Our Physical Education aims are to develop:
- A desire to engage in physical activity based upon experiences which have been enjoyable and successful
- An understanding of the importance of maintaining an active lifestyle
- An acquired competence in a range of physical skills
- A knowledge and understanding of a range of activities which can be games based and/or creative
- The opportunity to acquire the skills which enable all students to lead/choreograph or organise others into a sports related activity
- To develop a range of interpersonal skills including co-operation/conduct/coping with challenges/and team building
Gifted, Able and Talented Opportunities
Fixtures and Clubs
Our teams are successful and we are currently holders of the Partnership Schools swimming, badminton under 18 and under 16 competitions. Our under 15 girls were runners up in the East of England badminton Centre Parcs competition.
GCSE PE: 82% A*–C
Double GCSE: 95% A*–C
BTEC PE: 100% Distinction * to Pass
A2 PE: 100% A–C